View Single Post
Old 2010-05-10, 18:40   Link #51
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Thoughts on this? I know 5 and 6 sound really low, but considering the power levels of these characters, 5 basically means godlike with a gun. It's just that in FMA, being godlike with a gun like Riza doesn't get you far with the homunculi (or most other major players).
Each character is just so different, that you'd probably have to evaluate each character based on what his or her field is. You have pure fighters such as Ran Fan and Fu who could probably run circles around Ed and Al, but bring alchemy into the mix and the outcome might turn out differently. Another example: Roy and his flame alchemy would most likely give Ed a lot of trouble (not to metion that he can pretty much take on homunculli such as Greed and Lust on his own), but if but if Ed manages to bring that fight in close quarters, I don't see Roy coming out on top.

I think your setup is too general. I guess, in the end, it's really depends a lot on circumstances. It's not like a fighting game where you can base the tiers on which charater is the 'best' based on ease of use, move priorities and combo lists.