View Single Post
Old 2014-11-20, 15:58   Link #493
kasimmorathi

Storm Coast has been my favorite place to visit by far. While there isn't a lot questwise of interest there (yet at least), it has some stunning vistas. I absolutely agree that the water looks spectacular on my PC.

I also want to say that I thnk this is first time that the Templar/Mage conflict has been portrayed in a way that one side (Templars) aren't villified to hell and back. Introduction of mages that support the system in a very rational way are a refreshing change of pace over the past two games that haven't quite managed to pull it off. Seeing an actual dialogue in which the Templars are there to protect the mages and provide them a safe place to explore their magic is refreshing over; "we're religious zealots here to keep those who are different away from the good people". It actually creates more of a moral quandry where you can argue in favor of one side or the other and shows more mature storytelling.

If I had to pose one complaint is that some of the companions still don't quite interest me. Dorian is a bit too slimy. Sera is a bit too insane. Blackwall is interesting, but sort of a "why is he here?" chracter. This may be simply suffering in the shadow of more interesting or unique representatives. Ironbull is amazing ("Ah, redheads"), and Varric is just too damn great. Those are two spots on my party that are always filled. The other characters simply haven't entangled my interest yet. No one I HAVE to bring with me for any other reason than to fill out my roster or improve my combat potential. Maybe I just haven't given them a chance yet? I wish they had brought Felicia Day back for some of that elf-rogue-lady action.
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote