View Single Post
Old 2004-12-11, 23:15   Link #79
arias

You're right in your suggesting that Shuuji might be dead, but let's allude to two pieces of clues..

1) The fact that she says in the anime, at least in my version, that "you're the only one left."

2) That they showed one of her spikes saving Shuuji from the tsunami. Now, you might refute this because it doesn't prove anything but this scene IS shown for a reason, and it does support the idea that Shuuji is "saved".

Still, whatever form of existence Shuuji is in now, it definitely is not "life" as we know it on earth now, hence why I claimed it was an "unreal physical reality".. bizaare. Chise also says "everyone will die" but she's no prophet, right? There's no underlying theme of prophecy in the anime, and that was just a display of her surrender to the inevitable fate. But she still protected Shuuji; and that might've changed things. Still, no disagreement with you that the "life" Shuuji is having now.. is not really "life".

You know, it would be really sad if that was Shuuji's afterlife, and that soul ball Chise he was holding was just the incarnation of his memories of her.. and that he's imagining all of that by himself. >_<; But probably no, the story is such that they stay together.. in a very strange circumstance.

By the way, I thought the animation *quality* was mediocre, as in fluidity of animation (except for some cute/funny animation from Chise), and not animation *style*, which I understood why it was used because I've read some of the manga. Gyahh..
arias is offline   Reply With Quote