View Single Post
Old 2010-09-29, 05:13   Link #61
larethian

Hmm, I thought the sword was a family heirloom. His father told him not to touch it.

Regarding your questions, since most people tend to focus on the exciting parts and action-oriented areas in their reading, and at times speed-read or glimpse over the other parts, I guess nobody is confident enough to answer your questions accurately. Moreover, those areas that you asked about are complex in nature and I doubt few could gain a complete understanding in their first reading. I, for one, as I'm reading the story again, at a slower pace, learn new things which I've missed before because during the first time I read it, I completely don't get anything, but now with some prior knowledge on the future events, it becomes clearer. This is also partially due to the sometimes long sentences when one has to really pay attention to the particles used, and many a times have to infer the topic and subjects which are missing from those sentences. And this is a common problem for non-native Japanese speakers.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote