View Single Post
Old 2012-03-19, 19:23   Link #2970
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
You need to give that line some context, guys. Sylvie (in the movie) speaks that line because is the fate of the lovers to be reunited briefly only to be separated again and again across eternity (like Vega and Altair!). It isn't the lovers reunion that needs to be overcome with a new flame (yeah, no, missing all the star-crossed lovers references?), but the separation. Mikono was struggling with her brother's abandonment, Amata's with his mother's when they found each others. It wasn't loving their brother or mother what must be overcome, but the longing of being reunited with them (it can be also be used in non romantic context).
Beat me to the punch. Overcoming destiny for Apollon/Sylvie would be that, for once, they get to live out a peaceful and happy life together. Destiny for them has always been separation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Speaking of context: Mikono's words about how there's always somewhere out there for each person and that nobody is unwanted, paired up with a lonely Zessica looking at them could also be taking as foreshadowing somewhat.
I'll throw out my two cents that I don't think its a minor detail that Mikono's talk with Amata was so easily applicable to Kagura for herself, which is conveniently matched to a pained Zessica (and her steel origami hearts) for Amata. Now... where will this lead, is the question. Is the obsessed Kagura suddenly going to flip a switch for Zessica ()?