View Single Post
Old 2009-09-15, 19:44   Link #1816
Icehawk

Quote:
You do realize if these people didn't have religion there wouldn't even rules they'd follow?
Are you saying they'd be lawless amoral people inclined to violence and conflict if they happened to be mostly secular/atheist/agnostic?

Quote:
Not to mention the only reason these religious people kill, because they follow certain preachers. The only reason these so called preachers can manipulate these people is because they started of in shitty position and they lack the knowledge to study their own religion properly. That religion supposedly kills isn't the fault of the religion, but of people abusing it for power.
Even if we assume this is the case, this would mean god or the people who were "channeling gods words" to the scriptures were obviously extremely shortsighted or completely moronical for allowing the scriptures to be so easy to "manipulate" by others in the first place. If the scriptures are supposed to be taken seriously, they should atleast be written in such a way as to minimize as much as possible the ability to "missread" or "missinterpret" them. If "God" or "Allah" were as great as he's made out to be, you'd think he would have wanted and ensured it would be made out that way.

EDIT: Sorry Vexx if this continued the derail, I didnt see your post untill after I submitted. I will leave it at this.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote