View Single Post
Old 2008-04-18, 15:56   Link #153
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
I see it as like killing two birds in one stone. I mean; Kaname let Zero drink his blood cause he knows how strong Yuuki feels for zero. And he wouldn't let her beloved Yuuki to end up in despair lol. I don't even think Kaname hates Zero; just that Yuuki loves to stick around Zero so much. Well it's quite good since like what you said; Zero acts as her shield for her cause Kaname can't be always w/ her. And at the same time; Because of Kaname; Zero now has a big debt to him (because his transformation to a level-E went slower). (Just goes to show how manipulative Kaname is; but in a good way; albeit misleading).
I don't think he allowing Zero to drink his blood is something Kaname has as part of his plan. It was probably something he did spontaneously because he didn't want to see Yuuki get hurt or being used that way. It's basically an action that stems from his love for her. He reacted to protect her. Kaname is manipulative but I don't think his intentions were done out of selfishness. All that he's done so far was for the better of the clan or mostly for Yuuki.

It was really well portrayed in the anime at the end of ep2 when Kaname talked about Zero's condition - you can tell (at least to me) that Kaname does feel a bit of sympathy for Zero. I think Kaname dislikes the idea, and the pureblood vampires that do this, of turning humans into vampires.

Edit: I don't know, perhaps it's just me, but I get the impression that Kaname is quite a misunderstood character - both among the manga characters themselves and the readers.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2008-04-18 at 19:12.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote