View Single Post
Old 2012-11-06, 23:42   Link #2473
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
In some ways, I agreed with the things Obama said and stood for; in others I sided with Romney. Mitt Romney has a good track record and has demonstrated great leadership in years past, and has shown himself to have a very good heart no matter what his detractors might say. I wanted for the country a leader whose record has proven him a worthy one over a candidate whose performance has been less than stellar. Obama also lost a lot of respect from me this year, both for starting a smear campaign against a perfectly good man and essentially playing the bully on a national scale (Becoming the very embodiment of that which he protested against four years ago - "If you don't have a record to run on, you paint your opponent as someone to run away from"), and I honestly don't see any way that the Benghazi situation could have played out without something shady transpiring on part of our government (At the very, absolute least, locking up the guy who made the video despite doing nothing illegal is incredibly screwed up). And, honestly, I just really loved Mitt Romney as a person. I loved listening to him in his speeches and debates, would have loved hearing him regularly for the next 4-8 years, and am... really, really sad that he's been taken away and has no intention to return to the political sphere.

Hope you do a better job in your second term than your first, Obama. I don't think you're a good president, and I have my doubts that you're even a good person; but for the sake of me, my family, and everyone close to me, I hope you manage to guide the country in your second term in the ways you promise.

You can't hold Obama's first term being kind of poor too against Obama. The GOP have been incredibly obstructionist for four years to make Obama's performance as president turn out worse/look worse.

Also, I don't know why you think Romney is a good guy. I've seen lots that say otherwise. Also, recently people have filed a complaint at an ethics committee for something unethical Romney did, which was profit 15.3 million dollars from the misfortune of others through things he did in relation to companies when the auto industry bailout was happening (something he said he opposed and used against President Obama). Also, he did something else that is ethically sketchy (at best); this made the news yesterday. He has been hiding his tax records because he has been avoiding taxes for the last 15 years due a legal loophole, and it was basically him cheating the system, and it is just ethically sketchy or unethical.

Romney isn't good.