View Single Post
Old 2011-08-18, 05:54   Link #13397
Drifting Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
*lurk off*
Well I finally finished NT2 (after a very quick glance of NT1 since really Toaru without Touma doesn't fancy my interest in the slightest) and I gotta say that it was a pleasant read overall - kudos to the translator(s) who provided an entire volume in like what? a week?

Anyway my only real issue came with that Mikoto scene. Something about it just seemed...pretentious to me. Where did she ever got the idea he was alone in his fights? From during her time in the Star of Bethlehem? I mean she has already witnessed that he has comrades with him whenever he's conducting his business (v13 comes to mind), hell even outright told her that in v16. I guess it is a heart-warming scene to some degree, but really all it illustrates is her ignorance of the ongoings of Touma's life. I mean let's just forget about the nun that's always with him okay Mikoto? You know...the one that's shown her complete faith in the lad during the events of v6?

I suppose I should also add the complete lack of any real Touma/Index scenes after what he said in v22. What happened with the whole groveling in forgiveness in front of her? What about the continuation of detailing his memory loss to her? The favoritism when it comes to the heroines is getting pretty ridiculous...though I'm hoping that this will be rectified to some degree (probably not). You kept one end of your promise Touma...on your hands and knees for the next one.

Well anyway looking forward to see how the whole three protagonists taking the same stage will pan out. I want to see Touma create his Kamijou (harem) faction already!

*lurk on*
It's not the fact that he's always alone in his fights. She knows better with all the girls around him. No, what she's probably referring to is his complete lack of need to ask others for help when he is giving help all the time. She's trying to convey to him that he's not the only one who can help others and shoulder all the responsibility on himself.

This stems from Volume 16, when she witnesses him dragging in injured ass out of the hospital to face Acqua despite being delirious and half-dead AND without his memories. (Though where it extended to she did not know)

"You are not alone" simply refers to the fact that she's not going to wait for him to open his mouth - She's going to back his ass up no matter what so that he has support all the way. Even if he says no.