View Single Post
Old 2013-09-24, 20:54   Link #3325
Frontier

Thats... certainly not a trailer I would've used to advertise Evol. I thought the PV's that came out before the show aired were much stronger and those used less footage. Of course, the PV's used Sousei No Aquarion and Kimi No Shinwa instead of a generic trailer track, so it's hardly a competition.

The dub cast actually has a lot of the dub voice actors from the original Aquarion dub back, most of them voicing their characters reincarnations on the show. For example, Christopher Bevins and Brina Palencia were Apollo and Sylvia respectively, and are now Amata and Mikono. Though it would've made more sense to have Bevins voice Kagura instead, especially when his voice does not match Amata at all.

It's not how I would've casted the show, but it is interesting, and in some ways appropriate, method of casting.

As a whole I can't really form an opinion about the dub from just those snippets, but it doesn't sound terrible barring Bevins being miscast as Amata. Josh Grelle sounds like a good Andy.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote