View Single Post
Old 2006-05-14, 02:06   Link #10
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Zeta and Victory. Easily the two most boring Gundam series ever.
Zeta is only boring if all you're looking for is Gundam Wing-ish action where there's nothing but explosions half the time.

I found Zeta to be a very excellent series (except for the overcompensation of main character deaths...poor Emma ='( )

There's something about almost every Gundam series that I liked. One's I didn't like that much was Gundam Wing, Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny.

A.) WAY too one-sided unless the story calls for it.

I mean..one bullet from a Gundam Wing Gundam to a grunt Mobile Suit and it explodes, yet, put a large beam into a Gundam and it barely does jack unless, again, the story calls for it (or it self-destructs). Then put a Gundam Wing Gundam Pilot into that SAME type of grunt Mobile Suit and they can take like...1000 gatling gun shots all over the place and only have a few scratches (coughcoughendlesswaltzcoughcough)

B.) Gundams were far too over-powered for their own good
C.) Characters were bland and not that interesting most of the time and barely have any development to make them interesting.
D.) Rushed endings/battles
E.) Like most alternate reality Gundam series' except for, mostly, G-Gundam and Turn-A Gundam, ideas were almost all taken from the original series' (especially SEED Destiny)

I liked the original UC series' because they were actually good, yet realistic as well. The character's were interesting most of the time and actually learned things and overcome various obstacles, but not without difficulties like regular people face everyday. They don't really last too long or too short either.

The mobile suits were much more equalized and even the "all powerful" Gundam's get (out)matched by "grunt" mobile suits as technology grows, so even though at first the Gundam may seem like the most powerful, it doesn't last TOO long. The grunts were actually good Mobile Suits (GO GELGOOG!!!!) and not JUST cannon fodder (even the RB-79K Ball was cool thanks to Shiro Amada's good piloting).

And even though revolutionary weaponry like the funnels and other "super weapons" are good and/or effective, they are not without limitations that can/are exploited. Funnels with their limited energy supply, the Big Zam with its overheating and melee combat weakness and so on.

Even being a Newtype/Cyber Newtype/EXAM junkie (lol) didn't make someone completely invincible in the UC era (good example being Yuu Kajima in a regular RGM-79 vs RX-79BD-1 Blue Destiny and fending it off or his RGM-79D Cold Climate Type vs. MS-08TX(EXAM) Efreet Custom and, again, fending it off.) And even with his own EXAM-equipped MS (RX-79BD-1 and RX-79BD-3), he still ended up losing them along with defeating the opponent.

Even the "all-powerful" Amuro Ray admits that he wasn't able to properly control his fin funnel's in his second sortie of the Nu Gundam (I think it was the 2nd one when Kayra gets killed by Gyunei)
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote