View Single Post
Old 2008-09-04, 06:33   Link #56
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
What happens when one mod says post X is a spoiler (because what constitutes a "spoiler" is subjective, not objective), and anther says post X isn't a spoiler?
When the matter is subjective (I do not believe that is always so, as our spoiler policy has been tightened to be less ambiguous) the person dealing with it makes a judgement call. This is no different from any moderator action. Generally the staff trust each other's judgement; that is partly why they are nominated as staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
i would assume the mods would discuss and decide together what happens in a dispute
Pretty much. If there is a disagreement, it happens occasionally and not just on the subject of spoilers, the matter is discussed and we come to an agreement. It can take a long time. Pretty standard approach to conflict resolution I would say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
Also what prevents someone who has only watched up to episode 5 of AnimeX from going into a thread for episode 9, and clicking "Report" on EVERY post?
Common sense? We're unlikely to respond favourably to such an act. If they do it out of stupidity, rather than malice, the warning they receive will put them straight.

Incidentally, the forum software allows us to keep a record of which moderator did what, so the chance of a moderator undoing or re-doing something, as per your example, is very unlikely. In the past two of us have tried to deal with the same report, but we've established protocols to avoid that now so it happens very infrequently. As far as I'm aware, to date it has not been because of a disagreement in how the report should be handled, only a matter of timing.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote