View Single Post
Old 2012-06-11, 14:00   Link #152
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So yeah, I think it's one or the other. An otherwise well-crafted deconstruction that perhaps is a touch too coy/cute for its own good (so people aren't "getting it" unlike Madoka Magica)... or Kawamori actually intended this to be an epic Coming of Age "monomyth" story played straight, and it's getting unraveled by really badly handled secondary details.
Greek/Roman myths were used as basis for Aquarion Evol (apparently, Kagura and Amata are inspired Romulus and Remus?). So maybe it's intentional the romance is a bad thing overall (and how it's so badly written), considering what happens to the lovers involved in most love stories and how sometimes makes no sound sense. In any case, expecting a happy ending seems ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I cannot help but think that this episode was just making fun of everything that's going on, or is unintentionally hilarious in bad ways. (Start off that father was with Kagura, while mother was with Amata, the set-up is too perfect for coincidence, tbh) Izumo is identified with and compared to Kagura (screw the world, I want my woman), while Alicia was identified with and compared to Amata (fell in love at first sight), and, by the end of their episode, it becomes clear that the traits now shared by Kagura and Amata are what caused the whole mess in the first place plus some compounding factors like Mykage (but he's still a compounding factor).
Good catch. However, the writers insist they are poor woobies and victims who did something right (conceive Amata to solve their problems), even if the Japanese fanbase is in uproar and hating on Alicia and Izumo (which is too bad because Izumo was one of my favorite characters before this mess). So who knows? I can't wait for them to fuse because Amagura will be the double of obsessed. Now his cry will be SYLVIEEEEEEEEEEE-SAAAAAN.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2012-06-11 at 14:25.