View Single Post
Old 2010-10-26, 13:36   Link #73
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Now, what I don't like in Amagami SS is how Junichi is protrayed especially in Sae's arc (that's why it's the one that I like the less). He's sometime really stupid.
The arcs of Sae and Ai are like two sides to a coin. Many feel that Ai's arc didn't live up her character. On the other hand, Sae's arc didn't appeal to some because of her uniquely shy personality. Unlike Haruka, Kaoru and Ai, Sae didn't showcase much of a sense of humor and frisky/playful nature. Compared to those three girls, Junichi's random antics could somehow match those of the girls. However, Junichi and Sae were polar opposites in regards to that aspect of their personality. Simply put: Sae basically came across as the girl who was "too nice" and Junichi "too naughty." This is why I believe the writers emphasized Junichi's perversion in Sae's arc more so than with the other girls.

I like relationships supported by compatibility and Junichi was compatible with Haruka, Kaoru and Ai for various reasons. In my opinion, Junichi didn't really have anything in common with Sae. This was also another reason I couldn't get in to Sae's arc and felt this relationship was the least convincing.

Last edited by Mairsile; 2010-10-26 at 13:49.