Thread: Licensed D.Gray-Man
View Single Post
Old 2005-01-04, 19:27   Link #10
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgoten
Ah, lucky.... Volume 2 won't be in stock here for at least another 2 or 3 weeks. >_< If you could scan it, we could get those chapters done faster. Also, just wondering, does it mention an English name for 黒の教団 [くろ の きょうだん] anywhere in volume 2, like it did with The Earl of Millennium and some other characters in volume 1? It's hard deciding what to translate it as, and it'd be nice if it's written in English somewhere... But if not, oh well... ^_^;;

I'd really like to get to the point where we do this series the same week that the chapters are out in Jump, but that depends on how fast we can work. ^_^;; Chapter 30 is the newest, so it shouldn't be hard... And as for the reason that there's no anime series for this yet, it's because it's a pretty new series.
Alas, there are no english translations for names or places in volume 2, but there are some really awesome in-between chapter filler pages. My favorite in the volume is a four-panel strip in which Aaron wonders whether there's anything under the Earl's hat. Very funny indeed, but I won't spoil it to you now.

As for scans, perhaps I might be able to help, but I have no idea how to go about making good scans and then getting them to you conveniently. By the time I'd figure it all out, you'd probably be able to pick up a copy on your own, but don't take that to mean I'm not eager to help. As for catching up to the Weekly Jump chapters - I think it's a really good, especially since it's still very early in the series. If you made D. Gray-Man a priority release, you shouldn't have that much trouble. For example, getting the rest of the volume 1 chapters out during the time between now and when you get Volume 2, and then dedicating yourself to V.2 ... but that sounds pretty hectic and you have a life, so maybe I shouldn't be recommending such an action. ^^
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote