View Single Post
Old 2012-07-14, 16:00   Link #1
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Question What Makes An Anime or Character(s) "Identifiable"?

It's been at least two weeks now since the summer anime season started, and this topic has been on my mind for many months now, but never felt the need to discuss this. But...since after watching a couple of summer anime as of lately I kind of wanted to talk about this. I was going to post this a few days ago, but was scared that many people on here will think that this will be redundant and pointless topic...but let's just see where this goes.

Anyway on topic.

Ahem:

There are many anime that people enjoy, hate, and ignore or whatever. But this is what's been on my mind for a long time now: What is it that makes a character or an anime series itself "identifiable" to the viewers (ie us)? Is it because of the character designs, genre, personality traits, talents or powers, story, premise, setting etc.

Many people have their own perspective of what they like or hate in a series and what not, but what makes you identify a series or character(s) to the point where it's enjoyable or worse, depending on your preference.

So what's your thoughts about this? If you wish to comment that's fine, and if it's pointless, ignore this post. I needed to get this off chest.