Thread: Licensed Kuragehime (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-01, 04:28   Link #422
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

My expectation for the last episode were low, yet I still ended up disappointed. Specifically, what disappointed me was the craptastic way they wrapped up the Amamizukan storyline. They first completely nullified last week's cliffhanger (was it possible to guess those guys had the wrong house? Maybe it'd my fault for not paying enough attention last week), than they had Chieko's twin mom come in at the very last minute (it's not even a figure of speech, it really happened during the last minute) to tell them she's not planning to sell anymore. This left me with a bad aftertaste.

Thankfully, the rest of the episode was very good. I immensely enjoyed the fashion show and the Kuranosuke x Tsukimi scenes. Kura's declaration that they are now linked by fate was so sweet (especially with him blushing!). On the other hand, I'm really hating what they did to Shu. Maybe that's because Inari hasn't been very developed.

Despite the underwhelming last few episodes, Kuragehime remains one of my favorite series this year. A shame the scanlations of the manga are behind the anime, I would have picked it up in a heartbeat. I'm also hoping for the anime to get a second season of course, but I have no illusions... there is little chance of that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Volumes 1 to 4 were almost completely adapted. The last episode, though, is a travesty that takes a bit of volume 5 and 6 and adds original material, making a freaking mess of everything that was great about those two volumes.

Overall though, I really liked the series. I just don't like the last episode.
You got me curious: what was the original material in this episode?