Thread: Macross - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-07, 10:46   Link #768
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma-Rii View Post
Does anyone know the exact specifications of a nuclear warhead in the macross series?
I mean, from Macross Frontier, that is.
I heard somewhere that it is 10GT. I am not sure though...
No.

Macross does not use nuclear warheads. That had been a misconception. Reaction warheads were, at one point, only meant to be an unofficial allusion to nuclear weapons, nothing more. Unfortunately, some individuals often get the wrong idea into equivalating reaction weaponry to nukes.

In fact, Macross utilize anti-matter weaponry as a standard. This is done by having matter and anti-matter (transferred via subspace) interact, collide and then react. One description could be found in the novel.

This remained the standard anti-shipping device until MDE were introduced. Keep in mind the blast-yield is always meticulously limited to prevent unnecessary collateral damage, though it is possible to bypass it.

What you are referring to is data from the Varauta. Since Varauta technology was human, it is safe to assume the NUNS possessed similar technology (if not better).

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-09-07 at 17:54.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote