View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 20:32   Link #2086
MexicanAnime

K-On...did not enjoy that.

Look, I don't have a problem with slice of life as I can enjoy shows like Azumanga Daioh and Lucky Star. There's also no problem for me if a show has the stereotypical "moe" character designs as I can enjoy shows like Clannad, Kanon, and once more, Lucky Star. What K-On tries to do is try to set up a plot in the beggining making you believe that they're going to actually play music(HEY GUYS REMEMBER BUTOKAN?!) and that it's going to be really music oriented when all they really do is lounge around and do nothing(HEY GUYS, FORGET PLAYING MUSIC, LET'S HAVE 4 BEACH EPISODES AND WEAR MAID OUTFITS) and try to make everything comedic. Honestly, this wouldn't trouble me if it weren't for one thing. That being that it's not even funny.

Now I can admit and say I chuckled a few times through the course of the show, but it soon turn to me rolling my eyes as what their comedy consists of is "OH NO, I DROPPED A BUNCH OF PAPERS. HOW CLUMSY OF ME" and the annoying characters didn't help either.

Let's take a look at them. Yui is really annoying with her childish behavior and is really too stupid to the point where it bothered me. It also didn't help that the creator was basicly like "HEY YOU KNOW HOW PEOPLE NEED TONS OF PRACTICE TO PLAY? NAH, FUCK THAT, LET'S MAKE HER TONE PERFECT". Ritsu is kind of the same as Yui with just more of a hyper personality and it wasn't as bad with her, though could still get annoying at times. Mugi I didn't care for much and I just viewed her as the chick who woke up to the real world (I'VE NEVER HAD FRIES BEFORE. HALF SALES, WHAT ARE THAT!?) even if she is rich. Mio wouldn't be that much of a problem if it weren't for one little thing. She gets scared from literally ANYTHING and she would always freak out to the point where she would even faint if she saw a cover of a CD (which she did). Azusa tried to make them play music and tried to act serious, but then she ends up always wearing cat ears and conforming. Wow.

Also, the fans can deny it all they want, but there was fanservice even if it's not the typical panty shots and boob jiggling. The way the camera angles were and to where it focused was quite bothersome and you can tell it was trying to cater hard to those who love the "moe" character designs.

I can say more, but I think i'm done for now. Now there has to be something in K-On that I liked, right?

N---Yeah, there actually is. The second ending to the second season, even if it does lie to the viewer and try to make the show look good.

If you like the show, that's fine, but those were just my own honest opinions on the matter .