View Single Post
Old 2012-12-06, 09:34   Link #2097
Night_Music
The End of Light

What Do I have to say about K-On?

It's one of those special anime that puts a smile ion my face whenever I watch it (and not a lot of anime can do that. They are usually either "too boring" or "too dramatic"). The light atmosphere, the everyday situations that we can relate to, and the lovable characters, all the ingredients to make a really special slice-of-life anime.

What I don't like is what some people's negative views regarding the show. The unjustified use of "the overrated plot-less moeblob" line is getting really annoying. K-On DOES have a plot. The moment that they decided to form a band, and reach for Budokan, that moment introduced the plot. People either don't see it, or just ignore it's existence.

Sure, it's not one of those "save the world" kind of anime. There's no supreme villain bent on world domination, nor did anyone experienced a dramatic death in the series. But K-On should not be compared to those genres, since it's like trying to compare cake to a sword (two totally different things). K-On has it's own good sides, and I just wished that people will see more of it.

Oh and BTW, 50% of the songs in my playlists are anime songs. And a huge portion of it are K-On songs. So yeah, I like the series, and highly recommend it. And More K-On...
Night_Music is offline   Reply With Quote