View Single Post
Old 2008-03-30, 16:09   Link #5
vio5555

Easily the best romance of the year thus far, and I doubt anything on the horizon will be able to top it in my mind.

From the fleshed out characters, the "competitive" romance, and the fact that Shin developed feelings for both of the girls as we saw and had to resolve it lets me put this one at the top of the genre in terms of its punch.

I don't think it was perfect, but it's probably as close to perfection in terms of how everything resolves that I don't think I'll see anything quite this good for a while. Sure the style doesn't lend itself to much rewatchability, but I do think it's worth rewatching for the missed hints and whatnot.

Also, the writers managed to make me like all of the characters more at the end than I did at the beginning (with the lone exception of Shin somewhat) but I think that's something amazing.

One final thing, the ending of this series is perhaps the best I've seen in a while in this genre. It picks up all of the pieces from earlier and melds them together in as satisfying a way for all of the characters involved as I think is possible; it really left me with a complete experience and no big questions.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote