View Single Post
Old 2010-09-17, 11:53   Link #510
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
. . . but I'll say that I've got a bit of a desire to see SOME series take their characters into college. This would be a good candidate since they've got non-academic (band) ideas. At the least I'd like to see a continuance of the music and perhaps the music video OVA.
Oh, I completely agree. It'd be refreshing to actually follow the girls past that black hole that is high school graduation in anime. I'd especially love to see a focus on them trying to be professional or even semi-professional musicians. They all clearly have a passion for music, that much was evident by the end of the Summer Fest episode.

My only reservation there, however, is pursuing such a story would very likely be a heavy departure from the tone of the story that we've seen thus far. The music business is not for the faint of heart and it likely wouldn't be anything like the "Fuwa Fuwa Time" the series has been so far, if you would. Mind you, I think this would be a good thing. Give these bonds the girls have developed with each other a true test to see how strong they are and what they can pull each other through.

Of course, such a change in story and tone would also translate into a lot of butthurt fans who just want more airtime for the moe antics of Yui, Mio and Azusa, with a sprinkling of Mugi and Ritsu here and there. However, I would posit that such "fans" of the series are merely moe otaku upset that their flavor of the moment has soured on them. And I don't really have a problem upsetting that manner of "fan".
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote