View Single Post
Old 2011-01-06, 13:12   Link #23
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
I think part of the reason I enjoyed is it also somewhat reminded me of my own relationship with my brother 5/6 years ago, we never got on as badly as my Kirino and Kyousuke, but he did have a much more rampant hobby than he does now, cosplay and the likes. At the time I didn't really have any interest in this area (what want wrong? haha), but like Kyousuke in the series, I was much more 'whatever' in terms of his hobby than the parents, and also hid the fact I knew he'd been looking at stuff that...well they really didnt need to know about. Not sure he even knows I know, but I guess in this sense it was somewhat nostalgic.

Now we're both older he's calmed down, and I've moved in a bit, so we talk on a more even level, which in some ways was slowly how the series was moving.
That was part of the aspect I liked as well and for likewise reasons. I'm the eldest but have a much younger brother (all the other siblings have expired for various reasons) that I never really had any connection with at all til he got into college and started picking up hobbies and social/political interests that overlapped mine.