View Single Post
Old 2011-08-31, 21:30   Link #2007
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Ya still feel that way aye!

I am a big UC fan too, but more selective than most. The first dozen episodes of GSD really didn't do much for me. There was a great disconnect between myself as an audience and Shinn as the protagonist.

As the show progressed, there was a strong desire for someone to put Shinn out of his misery. Kira was emo in GS, but it did not get to Shinn's level, and was more or less tolerated. Shinn on the other hand, had to repeat that same experience and then some. The repetition eventually killed it.

- Tak
You see, I'm very accepting of new main characters (Hell in Gundam you have to be)...It takes alot for me to di$$ the main character of a show (In the early going mind you)... I loved it when Shinn snapped at Cagali in those early episodes for the decision her father made...Shinn doesn't know her, and Athrun's and Kira's story...He was a product of his own...This was the kind of misunderstood passionate dynamic that could have made for great show conflict (It did in Phase 28 the series best put together episode)...But Morasawa and her whateverness just let Shinn devolve into a Rawr-puppet...

There are some subtle qualities about Shinn that are great, but to judge him through his hatred of the fanbase's favorite side (which goes without saying) was a pathetic premise...

Additionally, I never wanted to put Shinn out of his misery...He fought on the correct side IMO...But that's a whole nother epic rehash you've heard all before^^...