Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-05, 04:09   Link #30
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Lately I'm sensing something of a death knell for Kawamori's relevance as a creator.
Oh no it's soapbox time.

Quote:
The guy that gave us Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Macross Plus and The Vision of Escaflowne and worked on many series with broad appeal like Cowboy Bebop, Patlabor and Gundam as a mecha designer or writer has clearly started to make the full transition to the other side of the equation as yet another otaku friendly/pandering director. Basquash and Macross Frontier were where he kind of started morphing (as those were kind of where I noticed his shows coming more with the flavor of an otaku series while hiding behind the mask of something more ambitious) and I clearly saw it coming too and this will all but certainly complete his metamorphosis.
You do know he didn't really have much to do with Basquash apart from creating the concept? If you want to blame people for basquash try Tatsuo Sato, Shin Itagaki and Eiichi Sato instead of blaming Kawamori because it fits this dumb ass agenda you're pushing. Also how is MF now because of Kawamori when before you were blaming Yoshino for those parts of it? Considering Guilty Crown I think we know who to blame for the weaker parts of MF and CG....

Quote:
Shame that lately he's been dragging Yoko Kanno down with him as well since her new music is nothing like the old stuff and now I'm kind of starting to piece together why. Fortunately she should have absolutely nothing to do with this...I hope.
Macross Frontier's score is leaps and bounds better than her prior work in Darker than Black, something which didn't even get a second OST release which is quite telling... It's also hilarious how you keep acting like Frontier was the start of Kanno's downfall when it's the last thing she has actually worked on. Also lol @ you not getting the MF reference to M7 when Ascaloth said Listen to my song, and you have the gall to tell him to learn his Macross?

Quote:
Better keep enjoying this season, cause with what's been announced so far for next year it's looking like all the otaku pandering trends with TV series are only getting that much worse from here on out and that it is just indeed brief resurgence of decent animated fair....possibly the last hurrah.
O'rly? Than why did you just say this in another thread for an anime due next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Japan really trying their hardest to give me stuff to watch all of a sudden.
Which one is it?

And before you say it, Yes I followed you into this thread even though me and a few others were discussing this show with Thomas Romain in the Symphogear thread.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-12-05 at 05:12.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote