View Single Post
Old 2007-01-30, 14:53   Link #41
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

thanks for your comments guys... thought i was near of being isolated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I'm still amazed by how dense, detailed, and complex your sigs are. How long do these take you to make?

I give your newest sig a 10/10 for style, but I'm not so much into the bloody sig stuff...
to answer your question, well... like i wrote on the request conditions, i'm working almost only with inspiration.
with a set theme/serie, i'm "trying" to emphasis the subject with its "natural material", such like original artwork, serie BG/CG etc (i'm not really fond of fan arts... except if they are pretty faithful in fact)

that is... a double edged style : while i'm almost sure it will have the maximum feelings about the chosen subject, there isn't any guarantee that i won't go overboard (just like X2 signature, or even something "simple" like the third oyashiro signature)
also, if i don't have any idea to fill some parts of a signature, i'm most likely doomed (several signatures have weird gaps...)
as a side note... because of my stubborness, i'm almost unable to create a "offtopic/fantasy/fancy/ signature with unfamiliar characters/series or weird mix up...~~

to be honest, i was sometimes stuck only with the usual pictures hunting...
you see, for example : shiki's signature took me like...1 full hour of insane picture searching.
this was much worse with the 3 nanoha signatures, since the only good material were the fanbase, while it is not only huge, but scattared around the net X_X

talking about them, i must admit that, because of my laziness () i was able to accelerate the signature process for nanoha and hayate, since i already had the structure and effects from fate signature (i'm not really loving recycling but, sometimes, it's the best choice)

most of the time, i have to spend like :
-10sec to 1-2 weeks to find a subject (this is the most ridiculous random inspiration factor with me XD)
-5-30 min to think about the structure (i even can make it within seconds if i have a "stroke of genius" may i say )
-20min to 1h of pictures "happy" hunting
-1-2h for the signature itself (cutting, choices of effects etc...)
-10min to 1h of..."quality check" XD. i'm just looking at the pictures i'm using, and analyzing from a "neutral" perspective, if the signature has "enough" of the mojo i attempted to put in ^^"

FYI, Shiki signature was one of the fastest ever (second to Rena oyashiro signature), with only a problem with the pictures (the quality of Melty Blood screenshots are HORRIBLE most of the time); while, with my current rena signature, it took me like 10 minutes to choose and find the pictures, but like...2-3hours to make up my mind for the overal effects, mood etc, while i had almost a crystal clear vision of what i wanted to do ^^"

this is then really random XD