View Single Post
Old 2011-01-03, 09:23   Link #1849
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
Eh, it's not a choice I would have made, but I can see it. The basic set-up hinges more on Hayate's density then Nagi's age, all things considered. Not to say it doesn't lose anything in the process, because it definitely does. (And seriously, I don't think even Japan could get away with a live action romantic comedy starring an underaged character.)
If you take away the "Hayate trying to help Nagi grow up" angle, what does remain? A ditzy super-rich Hikikomori without common sense? How do they plan to integrate the other characters if the school clamp is missing? I think that this is going to change the basic setting tremendously.

Quote:
Oh come on, there's nothing "ominous" (or unexpected, given recent developments) about announcing that Nagi is in for some major character development over the next year.
He had the same ominous announcements in the past, too. For me it seems like he's trying to convince himself (and the readers) that something important is going to happen to make her the prime character again - while she factually isn't. This rather recognizes that he failed to do so in the past. If he ever really tried.

Quote:
I mean, did you expect the editor to announce that Hina was going to become the new heroine of the manga?
Become? Remain ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote