View Single Post
Old 2005-12-31, 22:50   Link #66
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

@ Eidolon sniper: A LOT of people earn reputations from changing things from when they were rebels. How about this name: Menachem Begin...

Prime minister of Israel, former rebel against the instated British government there, and to pay hommage to WD's arguments, former selective terrorist, responsible for the bombing on the king david hotel.

Still not convinced? George Washington.

People liked Lacus Clyne because of her father's reputation. She rode that and built upon that.

Psychotic friends are not interesting. They are scary and I would rather distance myself from them. And no, just because I said there are some people that I would relate to Kira doesn't mean they stare at the sea for two years, but moreso, have that gentle demeanor about them that makes you want to be friends with them.

Athrun talked to Shinn quite a few times. Episode 16 he tried. Nothing happened really...then after Athrun was shot down, what position did he have to talk to Shinn from? When in Justice, Athrun DID a lot of talking with Shinn. Shinn didn't believe ANY of it until Athrun stopped him from killing the one last living person he cared about. And in the end, guess what? Athrun was right, because if Athrun was wrong, and Luna would have died...well...that'd really suck, wouldn't it?

Lacus and Kira trying to get a hold on the entire universe? Hence why Lacus went back to the orphanage and tried to live a completely no-profile lifestyle. Yeah..................right. That's why Kira was sitting on a rocking chair instead of flying around in the Freedom.

How can they go against Lacus if she takes no power to begin with? Lacus has always been a more passive type, just providing the tools to the people that will use the tools. She built Kira and Athrun the gundams and let them use the gundams to their hearts' content. Tell me one instance that Lacus gave a direct order to ANYONE she was close with. In fact, when has Lacus EVER said "I am right."? When Patrick Zala wanted to annihilate all naturals? Stir the people up, make them think, okay. Saying "this is the way I do things, and if you don't do it my way, I will bury you?" When has she said that?

Oh, and about Durandall...Kira just said "let's not jump headfirst into his alliance, remember that they sent coordinators to kill Lacus" though later, even Kira was doubting his own thoughts, thinking "what if Durandall really is a swell guy and it was just some assholes that wanted to kill Lacus?"

A story with all characters being Mary Sues? I had to rewrite it the first go-around due to one of my female leads (my leads are two females) being essentially flawless. Not that I mind someone like Lacus as a main character. She's much better to me than Relena "come kill me Heero" and "the inept princess that surrenders ten minutes before her brother arrives in the wing zero" Peacecraft ever was.

Shinn acting doubtful? Great...then he believes complete and utter nonsense. "Athrun and Meyrin escaped to try and defect to LOGOS and blow Operation Ragnarok by giving them Destiny and Legend's specifications and the strategy of Operation Ragnarok!"

"Oh."

And then when Shinn finally DOES see Athrun above Orb, in THE JUSTICE, NO LESS, he's STILL saying that Athrun betrayed them even though if he had any knowledge of the previous war, he'd know that Athrun was one of the key players in bringing the war to an END. Yep, he's sure thinking there. He was ready to run Lunamaria through with Destiny's palm cannon. Yep, real thinking going on there. The first time Shinn REALLY thought about things while seeing the ENTIRE picture is after Athrun finally figuratively smacked him in the head with the biggest stop sign he can find. By junking Shinn's Destiny Gundam. It was then and only then, when Shinn came off of his power trip of having a powerful gundam at his fingertips was he finally able to just cool off, look at the big picture, both from being that little kid on the ground, to being the nightmare of the most powerful men in existence, to once again, being that one guy on the ground, looking at the world objectively again.

In fact, it's ironic, because when Shinn finally actually took the time to think without Darth Gichou controlling his mind, he was able to prove Athrun right when Athrun said that Shinn was worth believing in, and that the guy was fighting for the same dream as the rest of the Clyne Faction. Sure, perhaps the ending WAS a bit of a putdown to Shinn's character throughout the series that he simply takes Kira's hand and says "yes sir, yes sir, three bags full, sir", (I would have written it as Shinn taking Kira's hand, but just saying that while they may be fighting for the same thing, there is still some issues that he still has not settled). but on the plus side, Shinn finally gets to see EVERYTHING. Not just "Freedom is bad, kill it! Justice is bad, kill it!" "Durandall is right! Big Brother Gichou is the only way!" that Rey O'Brien was just filling his head with.

And as for Diana >>> Lacus thing, Diana was popular for the same reasons Lacus is: her beauty and charisma. In fact, somehow, I think it was Destiny that Diana had to go X_X. Because she indeed WAS a living Mary Sue.

And no, Gil wasn't really evil (I was waiting to reserve that judgment until ep 36) until Fukuda just trashed his character along with the rest of the new cast.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote