View Single Post
Old 2012-11-01, 12:08   Link #73
adamatari

This was definitely a turning point episode. The main cast is all together and the starting points at least are laid out. Rikka was unbearably cute, Dekomori pulling out the top marks was priceless, and Shinka being teased by Kumin-sempai and her reactions were hilarious.

I think that this and the lite episode together paint an interesting picture of Shinka - I think it's clear that she likes hanging out with the group but just can't admit it. She's with them in all the scenes, and even the missing pom-poms are a bit suspicious. She doesn't seem like she's in a hurry to get them, plus why would they be left in the club room? The whole thing seems like an excuse. Then she goes and admits that she has no interest in cheerleading anyway during the pool cleaning scene, where she protests that she's not even part of the club - yet she's there cleaning! The lite episode shows that the truth is showing through and her attempts to protect her image are slowly being undermined. But she's obviously enjoying her war with Dekomori anyway.

So pretty much her actions and words are in complete conflict. I think Rikka is safe to count her in the circle of friends.