View Single Post
Old 2013-11-02, 14:12   Link #6
Raymondjram

This story was very different. The paintings were well done, and as Shinobu narrated her story, the paintings were moving to show the images of her narration. Some may not like this, because we see only Shinobu and Koyomi in the anime yet her narrations has other persons that we will never meet.

The nude Kiss-Shot was not expected. But it is really out of place with those white shoes! I saw one picture of her in color that was based on the only drawing of Kiss-Shot that exists in the light novel, where she was at Antarctica with the hand of the other character. It was so fast that many would not recognized it. I wish I could see an animated Kiss-Shot (and hear her adult voice) as she was shown at the end of Kabukimonogatari.

BTW, Shinbu expressed about polar bears and penguins at the beginning. For those who didn't know it, the name "Antarctica" means opposite to Arctica, where polar bears are local and unique to the region. So there are no polar bears in Antarctica. If this was written by Nisio Isin, he was wrong.

Now the Monogatari fans know where the famous "Kokorowatari" blade came from. I knew it from the novel. Koyomi mentioned that Kiss-Shot saved him from burning in the sun when he was a full vampire, and that is part of Kizumonogatari. We need that novel animated to understand all these comments and hints that have appeared in the other stories.
Raymondjram is offline   Reply With Quote