View Single Post
Old 2012-07-28, 14:16   Link #12
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Personally, I think her goal was influenced by the fact she's an X-Rounder. Have you noticed that ALL of the X-Rounders, except for two exceptions (and even the bigger of the two has his moments) tend to make really bad decisions?

Desil? Total monster, irresponsible with lives and make stupid mistakes like calling off an attack on the Gundam when it was outmatched because he got bored.

Flit? Gets genocidal thoughts due to one incident that sends him over the edge, thoughts he hasn't let go of in fifty years.

The Magicians 8? Way too out of control concerning their feelings--take Mink for example, who kept flipping out every time one of her team got his ass shot down to the point where even her commanding officers couldn't control her.

Ezelcant? Loses kid, starts a huge social darwin-fueled war to create a superior race to inherit the Earth that's just not going to happen because he's only creating people like Flit instead.

Kio? Massive cases of severe recklessness, like chasing after a traitor instead of defending the ship and the base to try and "bring her back"? Getting to the safety of the ship only to dive right back into the situation that nearly got him kidnapped moments earlier? Running off with the Gundam to make one last visit to a friend when his father is trying to rescue him?

Fram? Ignoring the cause of the war for a (admittedly somewhat honorable) course of action to take out someone if he proves himself to be completely irresponsible with his men. Admirable, yes, but still fueled by a less-than-rational mind.

Is it really any wonder that Ezelcant views the X-Rounder thing as a regression in humanity? IIRC, the novel goes further into the aspect.
What about Yurin? I think she might've been an X-Rounder as well, though it's been so long since Generation 1 that my memory is iffy.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote