View Single Post
Old 2012-09-30, 11:55   Link #86
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
The author gives some explanation: he made a deal with Itachi that he won't do anything to Konoha. Itachi was watching him from the akatsuki, so he did know that Itachi would take action if he harms Konoha. When Itachi died he almost immedately ordered Nagato to capture the 9 tails. We could argue a lot if the explanation is good, i think it's not worse than many explanations for other things that happened.
yea, that is true and i don't have a big problem with it. but in retrospect what could itachi really have done to justify tobi not taking action? if tobi needed help taking itachi out, he could have just asked nagato. the two of them would certainly have beaten itachi, assuming just one of them couldn't in the first place, which is somewhat likely, but more risky

Quote:
I don't mind if there are such less logical parts since it's about 12 years of making a story where almost every week the author has to come up with something unexpected and cool.
i totally agree. that doesn't mean inconsistencies aren't worth talking about or having a problem with. all in all, i love the story and i think it's amazing to keep a serial going this long at such a high level. but there are the occasional bs moments like izanami
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote