View Single Post
Old 2008-03-12, 00:50   Link #44
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
In the paragraph I quoted, you mean not careless right? I have a question for you. If Blackbeard and Shanks were to fight, who would you root for? Come on now. I know you want to root for Blackbeard.
I honestly do not know. I want to see what Blackbeard is searching for, whether it is One Piece or something else. Maybe he is just fighting to re-inspire the current generation of Pirates. Whatever the case, I want to know. So, If Shanks and Blackbeard were to meet within the next 50 or so chapters, I would probably root for Blackbeard. But if Blackbeard and Shanks survive to the end (wherever and whenever that may be), I might root for Shanks to win the fight (if they fight). Hopefully, that answers your question .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Also, do you really think that Luffy is going to become an emperor? I don't think that he would become one because quite frankly he doesn't have the sufficient amount of resources needed to achieve this title. He only has 8 crew members whereas the other emperors have massive crews. He would seem really out of place if he were to become an emperor.
Yonkou is a title assigned by the military in regrds to the 4 most dangerous pirates in The New World. The World Government views these people as being dangerous because they either are close to solving the riddle of the Lost Century, or they simply have a large power base (lots of fodder soldiers with a few Commondore to Vice-Admiral ranked fighters - the actual Yonkou are undoubtedly stronger than an Admiral, but maybe not two or three at once), or a combination of both. Luffy meets both of these requirrments.

Luffy right now has a strong interest in the title of Pirate King as well as the desire to see One Piece for himself. Added to this, on his crew is an archaeologist that can decipher the ancient text, which makes him a greater risk in the eyes of the World Government than almost anyone else (since we are not ure if the other Yonkou can read the text). And finally, he has assembled a crew that can individually take down a Commondore to Vice-Admiral level marine, and soon enough can also take down individual Shichibukai (I do think that after the next major arc, Zoro and Sanji will have the strength to defeat a Shichibukai by themselves). So on all counts, Luffy is a man to be feared, and if the speculated Jinbei fight is just around the corner, Luffy will have yet another Shichibukai notch on his belt in regards to his level of strength against the World Government.

It is extremely possible that Luffy could be assigned the title of Yonkou if Whitebeard is defeated, or if Luffy defeats one of the Yonkou.

I do have an idea for Kadiou or the 4th Emperor, specifically that one of these people will be a stategist rather than an outright fighter.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote