View Single Post
Old 2008-04-17, 21:35   Link #57
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Again, I am fine with Blackbeard as a "final boss", but his presentation is a bit different from other "final bosses". One of the constants for establishing big-boss level villians is to have a pre-Main character fight where they are a complete badass in thier abilities. And then, their next fight will be against the main character. Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, and even Moria all had these introductory moments of pure-badassery.

Again, I am fine with whatever Oda does with him. Blackbeard is in my top 5 non-Strawhat characters, so any screen time he gets is greatly appreciated.
Blackbeard also had one of his "pre-main character" fights; his fight with Ace. In this respect he is really no different than the aforementioned villains you mentioned. Furthermore, all of the build up he is getting is really making him a likely candidate for being the final boss.

On a side note, I am really glad that Blackbeard is in your top 5 non-strawhat characters. I am sure you will agree with me that Blackbeard does not get enough recognition and respect from the fans. I am pretty sure that I can guess one of your other top 5 non-strawhat characters. Would I be correct to presume that Doflamingo is in your top 5 ?