View Single Post
Old 2010-12-13, 05:23   Link #73
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
OK. Fair warning. If you can't stomach a negative opinion on this episode, I suggest just skipping over my post, for all I feel right now is the molten lava of an erupting volcano spewing all over me.

So it seems I was wrong about Kirino... I thought I hated her, despised her beyond all reason up till now. I was very wrong. I was simply annoyed before, but this episode she broke into a whole new level of hatred. I didn't even know I was capable of hating a 2D character so much. Thanks AIC, thank you very much....

Her behavior was so disgusting this episode for most of it that I was left gritting my teeth through the whole way. I don't think I've ever watched an anime character as insufferable as her. The way she treated the sweet Manami this episode, was simply ridiculous. There is no reason to meet the childish whims of such an ungrateful person.

OK, now I know what people are going to say. The last half the episode we were shown here supposed "dere" side, and we got to see her apologize. Sorry, her actions were inexcusable. At this point, a simple apology is not enough to reconcile these sour feelings. Not only that, but this development came completely out of left field. Like I said in the previous episodes, for these sorts of developments, you need to build it up over TIME (Which they spent doing side stories instead!).

There was no build up to the apology, and we definitely did not get build up over Kyousuke's depression. Since when did Kirino feel bad for what she did to him? I thought it was pretty clear in the first half of the episode that her malice was in fact increasing towards Kyousuke for reasons unknown. Do they honestly expect me to believe that because Kirino starts blushing a little bit and gives half a bow, that I can take this seriously? Sincere apologies are the ones that you see people brood over, and really go out of the way to reconcile feelings. All I saw this episode was Kirino bash on Kyousuke all episode, more violently than ever, until she suddenly flipped a switch that made her seem calm and apologetic. Even for tsundere's the transition is done horribly.

As for Kyousuke? You sir are almost like the foolish traveler (Fruit's Basket reference!! rawr). Admirable, but sad in the end. I cannot accept that his only reason for doing all this, the entire time, was that he was simply her brother. I couldn't help but laugh manically when he gave that excuse.

The previous episodes I was half jokingly rating them 1/10's, but this episode actually deserves this rating for the rushed plot, terrible character transitioning, overall foul mood it put me into with Kirino's behavior, and general irrational characterization.

I think at this point I might actually rate this series better if they have Ayase nice boat the ending.
Seriously, no disrespect but are you even paying attention? at all? Here, I'll lay it all out for you in simple bulletins, so please don't plug your ears and shut your eyes while going "lalalalalalala".
  • Kirino doesn't hate Kyousuke.
  • Kirino holds some resentment towards Kyousuke for ignoring her for several years.
  • Kirino is a BROCON
  • Kirino was a bitch towards Manami because she was obviously jealous
  • No, Kirino blushing towards Kyousuke did not come out of left field.
  • Kyousuke isn't completely sure why he does what he does for Kirino.
  • Kirino becomes easily agitated when another girl comes close to Kyousuke, reasons stated above. Just because you don't agree with the way she handles this emotion, doesn't change what it is.

Kuroneko is fully aware of Kirino's feelings for Kyousuke, it's why she does these things to agitate the situation. She gets off of annoying Kirino and vice versa.