Thread: Crunchyroll Gosick
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-25, 17:52   Link #2017
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Seeing Eternity over the Reaper's Shoulder

This show was very commendable for me that I picked-up it again to rewatch it for the Christmas season, and now I can share my thoughts for the very last episode when I didn't six months ago.

The struggle against fate was for many of you something that wasn't to be expected given that this show started as detective-mystery type. However, it was either hinted or already suggested when both Victorique and Kujo met concerning the fairy-tale lingo and confirmed for real when both travelled to the Village of the Gray Wolves; King Sergius's prediction a plot device to the forewarning.

The last episode when it comes to the drama of the tribulations and hardships both Victorique and Kujo had to face all alone, by themselves, and away from each other felt spontaneous and real.
Definitely for Victorique her meeting her mother and many years later meeting Kujo were the starting wake-up calls for her to open her eyes to the world, the world that always changes where times flow waiting for no one.

Victorique's change in her hair color from gold to silver might be an unexplainable mystery given that the show itself relied on anti-fantasy stances to solve the truth behind the occult courtesy of Victorique whom decried fantasies as nothing but the lure of fools.

My only theory about Victorique's change of color can be attributed as to the lives she lost on the day of her escape: her mother's and the Roscoe twins; more pronounced as the Roscoe twin whom attempted to kill her but saved her at the end died before her eyes, but also revealing the truth of his undying love for Cordelia as a child and regret at not being able to cure her sorrows. Futhermore, Victorique herself said so that before receiving love from her mother and later Kujo's, she only felt as an spectator with the many lives surrounding her being nothing but pieces or pawns to her that never piqued her interest.

If anything, her sin could be having spent the start of her life as a spectator and do nothing to give battle to fate, until the recents events that took place in winter 1925 at Sauville which woke her up to want not to die but to live to see Kujo again, to see her mother alive, etc.

But, we are able to tell that unlike Cordelia's pendant which was lost, Victorique never lose the pendant she received as a Christmas gift from Kujo, and Kujo didn't lose the ring she received from Victorique on that last Christmas; a good omen to be fulfilled four years later after the events of the main storyline finished with both reunited at last, once Kujo returned to his home in Japan with Victorique already waiting for him to pick her up.

That lovely reunion beautiful and gracefully done also closed full circle those two story, as thinking back to those lively days at St. Marguerite Academy full of surprises that now became memories of their hearts.

Oh, I forgot to add:
Happy Birthday to Victorique since yesterday was her birthday.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote