View Single Post
Old 2012-09-22, 15:42   Link #32
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think it's a bit of a stretch to come to that conclusion based on what was shown in the anime, though she did explain that her system had accumulated errors, and obviously that it was a GM portal.

I guess, if that's true, then:

1. Somehow entering that room (and the desperate situation) caused Yui to realize/remember that this was a GM portal.

2. She accessed the portal, repaired her own system, and gave herself the admin privileges to erase the "guardian" (as Deltaray aptly named it)

3. She realizes that her actions will not be forgiven by Cardinal, but still reveals the terminal to Kirito/Asuna to prove her claims.

4. It just so happens that Kirito has the skills needed to operate that terminal (and presumably to think that he'll be able to find some way to restore Yui's AI somehow if they get out).

So we can at least come to the conclusion that Kirito has some degree of skill in this area.

Well, perhaps this gives them command-line access to the system, and for that you really want to use a real keyboard rather than an "on-screen" (in air) one? (I guess they could have just created a keyboard object... )
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Sry beforehand if that is too much of a spoiler

But I must say aswell that in this episode that was a bit, let's say, poorly done with her somehow going into the room, somehow recognizing the console, somehow letting her system be repaired and somehow knowing what to do....a bit too many somehows for me
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote