View Single Post
Old 2006-10-17, 23:10   Link #235
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
The lantern giving him so type of forcefield doesnt seem likely due to the number of scares Oland has on his body. In episode 2 he did hide his chest and arms i dont think he was affraid and just because your strong soldier doesnt mean you should take unnesscary damange. A wound to the eye or anotehr vital organ could hinder his fighting capability. I think the ATTs had special equipement made specfically for them. The cape could be made of some high density material that provides tempory protection from shrapnel like cavlar vest. I do agree with the lantern changing chemicals in the brain. All the moods that we experience are controlled by the release of cheimcals in the brain which would support my conditioning theory.

I mentioned this before we never really see Oland take a direct hit from the tank if we did he would be nothing but sticky bits decorating the landscape. I truly think the reason that the ATTs were created was the fact that tanks are not ment to engadge small targets like a human. Excluding the shrapnel and the blast radius a single soldier could get close enough to take out a tank. Also remember tanks are for long to mid range combat the closer a small target gets the harder it is to hit as showen in episode 2 when Oland kept coming that whimpy noble ass hole aim got worse, and as he paniced more his aim got worse and worse i think the psyhcolgical and the durabitly of the ATTs is go hand and hand. Psycholgical warfare can be an excellent weapon
WEll that, and seeing that lantern shine, and the soldier's march foward. HAs a Psycological effect on the tank ops. Imagine seeing men march forward slowly, and each one falling to their deaths yet thye keep marching forward with a resolve to kill you. They're no war cries just a striaght, and forward march.

I liked the armor piercing bullets that they use.
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote