Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-06, 09:53   Link #18023
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
As a frenchman, I can say the ambassador is 100% right.

In France, and I believe in all countries with large arab communities, every news about Israel doing anything feeds antisemitism in those populations.

This republican guy who wanted him out of office for "being so wrong about antisemitism" should go to the Paris suburbs ...
He'll see a lot of moroccan, algerians, tunisians (or sons of ...) hating Israel because they put their religion at the same level as their nationality and take Israel being in conflict with Palestine as Israel being in conflict as the muslims, hence them.

Heck, we are to the point where the jew associations whine about pretty much all reports about Palestine on the news because they are afraid of the backlash in France ...
And while Ireland has almost no muslim minorities, we still have a radical left who are very pro-palestine and very anti-israel.

I think the whole Middle-east solidarity thing goes back to Iraq, though I was young then, it might go back even further.

While the radical left aren't the mainstream, there views trickle out to everyone else.

A lot of the ships in the Gaza flotilla were manned by Irish, for instance the Rachel Corrie. I also think a lot Irish people were miffed when they found out Mossad assassins were travelling under fake Irish passports.

It gets really disturbing when you see the radical left openly hosting speakers from anti-semitic islamist groups they should really have no business with.