View Single Post
Old 2013-08-07, 11:55   Link #376
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I don't really get why does Japan and most people shat on Shoko Sashinami's character so much they started to make some funny visual memes to mock of her? Shoko was a breath of fresh air compared to other genki girls and I don't see how they call her a retard (and I've been on /a/ for a long time) so I wonder why they did that.
Wow, I didn't expect that from Japanese fans, but it's not surprising. People tend to make a joke out everything unfortunately. Sure, Shoko is a genki character, but I find that those people who can't relate to her and as a result, don't feel any particular attachment, is because she is too genki. Fans still can't get off the "jingle bells" incident, and she has a penchant of doing other random things that don't make sense, like that time she attempted to strip to make others believe her. This sometimes can be overshadowed by her awesome moments like getting the school together to form an independent nation. However, it's common that she is just this ray of sunshine no one can dim, and that's not wrong, it's her character afterall. However, the problem most people have with her is that she comes off TOO strong.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-08-07 at 16:17.