View Single Post
Old 2004-02-04, 12:05   Link #4
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
A case study in a bad forum post.

Notice no punctuation between the statement of the problem and the main question (to which the answer is likely "no" seeing as how fansub groups don't always release their subtitle scripts). If not for careful attention, one might miss his question, or misinterpret his post altogether.

Witness how the poster requests only a YES or a NO in response, requesting that fellow users answer in a way that simply clutters the forum, while requesting that users send the message directly to him, a somewhat selfish act that defeats the entire purpose of the forum.

Additionally his topic, "subtitle," a vague title that leads the forum reader to wonder "what about subtitles?" Maybe he wishes to pique the reader's interest. Maybe that's all he can think of (one might say he has a memory capacity of four bytes) and is unable to ponder beyond that. A more specific topic, such as "where could I find subtitle scripts" with a more cohesive post, would greatly enhance the forum experience of both him, and others.

I hope this has been an educational, and insightful journey into the pitfalls of n00bisms, and encourage all posters to read, and heed the errors of this poster so as not to commit them themselves.

Assignment is pages 2-21, all problems. Due tomorrow.

* microlith packs up his folder and leaves the classrom.
And now, just a little bit of the roast weasel on the side please.