View Single Post
Old 2012-05-02, 05:28   Link #92
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
No he hasn't. Not really. There were implications there, but nothing concrete, and that's the problem.

Amata hasn't spelled out anything concrete. This sort of thing needs to be handled in no uncertain terms.
And so it's Amata's responsibility to chase after Zessica just to tell her that he doesn't love her. Wuh?

Quote:
It's his fault that he's not doing more to resolve the overall "love quad" situation. If his heart is totally settled on Mikono, then properly confess to her already! Then he can turn around and let Zessica down easy with the added reason of him being in an actual, confirmed relationship with Mikono.
Eeeh? I'm not a guy so I don't know about any possibly existing "guys' etiquette to turning girls down" but why does he need to be in an established relationship to turn someone down? If he doesn't love her then that's more than enough reason.

Besides, it's not like Zessica was unaware that he's into Mikono. That's why Zessica had been so depressed until ep 17, because she knew that he was all Mikono all the time. In 18 episodes he never showed any romantic interest in her and kept pursuing Mikono. And Zessica was more than aware of this. Hell, she didn't even try pursuing him except for that one half-sentence when she told him about Apollon & Sylvie and Kagura & Mikono. So it's not like Amata was giving Zessica mixed signals, leading her to believe she had a chance.

Quote:
Sure he does. They're classmates, friends, and regularly fly into combat alongside one another as allies. She made a passionate love confession to him. He absolutely ought to care some about her, and want to do what he can to see her through this. She's obviously not some stranger to him.
Whoa, whoa!! So basically, your're saying that Amata has a responsibility to "see Zessica through this"? Now, I don't know about others, but I think that would be pretty horrible. First he rejects her, then there's this hugely awkward situation of two friends with a broken heart in between, and then he should actually go after her and try to help her mending her broken heart? That would be giving mixed signals and wouldn't help Zessica's situation in the very least.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-05-02 at 05:47.