View Single Post
Old 2013-04-24, 04:31   Link #219
cronnoponno

I highly agree with the Article... but I still don't think games that DO target a specific gender or culture should be completely eradicated, there's nothing wrong with a game like Senran Kagura, I guess the issue is that games that DO take themselves a bit more seriously and aren't advertised as being eye-candy do serve that eyecandy.

I was just playing a game called Legacista and there is a mage character in the game who's breasts are so disgustingly large and her ingame dialogue sprites bounce when she changes sprites to convey different emotions....and it really just had little point to it other than just being there and as a consequence making me double take every time I play it and those scenes are there to make sure someone isn't watching.

Dead Island Paradise is(a bad game to me) a game that pretty much says ''This game is tits, just letting you know'', and anyone who buys it should clearly know exactly what they're getting theirselves into while they awkwardly look to the left buying it, I think games like this should be exempt from the perfectly justifiable desire to stop with all the annoying and pointless sex-appeal in other games.

But then again, there are some pretty skimpy outfits in other dead or alive games and silly bounce features even in the serious games and while it'd be annoying to see that crap in every game, I'm not sure whether I'd agree to support the idea of removing every trace of it.

If people can impose art and other things that were once alien to gaming, I think sexualization should have it's place in some gaming as well, and this isn't just saying that it should be male-exclusive, I don't claim to know what girls like but if there is a game that fits their personal fantasies and such then I support those types of games as well....
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote