View Single Post
Old 2012-03-02, 17:29   Link #61
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Ah. I generally play for the entire package, but if the Pokemon are interesting, the rest of the game just kind of follows along. The reason I didn't like Black/White is because the entire time, I was lugging around 6 Pokemon I didn't care for (didn't even find any I wanted to catch), and with all of the battles that occur in that game, it got insanely stale. It would be like if you had to take your cousin to the carnival, but none of the attractions looked interesting to you. Sure, you'll still love the atmosphere because it's a carnival, but that's all you get in the end. That's kind of how I felt when I played it, don't know for others.

Oh, and triple battles? REALLY hated that. What's next? Quad battle? 5 on 5s? Why not just throw all your Pokemon out at once, and whoever uses the attacks that completely destroys the other team first wins. One on one battles allowed you to fully strategize, and doubles wasn't bad either, but this felt a little ridiculous.
I can see what you're getting... D/P/Pt wasn't that bad considering that there is still some old Pokemon that can also be found and caught. The problem with Generation V is that they ditched that and decide to make 156 new Pokemon with no way to catch old pokemon until you beat the game. Kind of suck since there were only a handful that I really liked and the rest is meh or doesn't look good. Since I have beaten Pokemon White, I hope I can trade some eggs early in the game so I can have some old Pokemon, even though they won't show up in the Pokedex until later.

Triple battles are ridiculous... I never done one myself since I prefer singles and that it requires even more strategy than before. Still, Rotation battles aren't that bad since you can easily change Pokemon without calling it out and still works like a Single battle.