View Single Post
Old 2007-07-10, 17:59   Link #268
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Around 2:38 in the full version of Valentine Kiss, Tsukasa begins to say something to Kona, but Kona's jumping around screaming like a maniac so I can't quite catch what she says until the very end. Could anyone tell me what she's saying please?
I think she's saying "Kona-chan, konno serifu watashi no uta kara, watashi ga utau kara" which I think means "Kona-chan, since this is my song I'm going to sing this part". I can barely make out the serifu part out, and so it's a guess, since serifu usually refer to lines in a play, but I think it can refer to song lyrics, not sure. Anyone else know what word is? I can't think of any other word that fits. Solo (ソロ)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krln99 View Post
For me, the best part of the album is Hirano Aya's "Sore ga Ai Deshou" full vers where she gets tired at the end and starts alternating between the "Konata voice" and her singing voice. You'd swear it's a totally different person.
That's Kona's "otaku" (serious) voice aVand her normal voice... you can hear her being so proud of her self for pulling this song off like a real person... but she (Kona) can't keep it up for long. Aya is in character the entire song... pretty amazing. She does this in 木枯らしに抱かれて as well... first with her otaku sound and then Kona LOST her otaku voice for a while before she found it again... LOL! AMON!

Thoughts on other songs as I've been listening to them all day:

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA - I used to HATE this song, and this is the only rendition of the song I've enjoyed. Kona can make you listen to any song. Her CHA-LA! is just so damn funny and adorable.

Sailor Fuku and Machine Gun - I can't believe how popular this movie was. 2 remakes and every 10 years some one re-make this song. Again I love it because it's Kagami-sama, and Kagami is just so similar to the original singer, the super 80's idol Yakushimaru Hiroko. (薬師丸ひろ子). I see kagami and I see Hiro-chan in her. It's the PERFECT song for Kagamin, but I think the song is refering to the Miyuki's Yakuza family.... Trivial - Yakushimaru refer to a kind of medicine made by buddhist monks, with blessing and mantra power of the Baisajia Guru Vaijurya Brabha Rajaya Buddha (Medicine Buddha), one of the most popular Buddhas in East Asia. I know because the Medicine Buddha is central to my personal altar.

Kogarashi Ni Idakarete - By the late 80's one idol reign supreme - Koizumi Kyoko, or KyonKyon as everyone called her. Everyone of her songs became hits, and every movie/dorama she was in was popular. This is one of her biggest hits, and something Aya-chan sang also before she was a seiyuu. I wasn't that big of a fan, just feels good hearing it.

I'm proud - I really love this song, because it's Kagami-sama singing, and also the key-changing trick. It happens all the frigging time, when someone's singing and the original key is just too damn high, and the singer change the key mid-song. Or they would be screaming and scare everyone. Kagamin's cares too much about her face in front of Kona so instead of breaking her voice she lowered the key with her mic. And you can tell HOW HARD she's trying to get Kahala's feel on this song! But she really can't because Tomo-chan's voice is inhuman, IMHO. As I've stated before, I have a long history with this song. I used to jog to this song in the gym every day in back in the 90's; but I think it's Tomo-chan's face (and other parts) I was more a fan of back then.

Valentine Kiss - as I've said, I just heard this song recently on TV, so it's pretty fresh to me. Kona acting like an idiot it's partly because she's Kona, and also because Kokusyo Sayuri is part of Onyanko Club, and all club members dance and sing backup in the background. Kona's being an Otaku and trying to re-create the original Onyanko Club feeling.

Chijou no Hoshi - The original singer, Nakashima Miyuki, is a legend in Japanese music. She has 33 albums and the only singer in Japanese music history to have a #1 single in the 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's. She's worshiped as the eternal pop idol in Japan. You can tell Miyuki-chan is singing this song with a great deal of respect.

Monkey Magic - Kona's engrish show. She's just adorable when she's singing English... And she get so tired of it... she's screeming "That's it! I can't understand it! I didn't study English!" O-LAIT (alright) ! And did you guys get it? She pronounced the last few "Monkey Magic" SPOT ON. Perfect English prnounciation! Gomenasai Kagamin~~ Kagamin~~~

Doraemon no Uta - Just brings tears to my eyes... They sings just like kiddies... HAI... TAKE-COPUTAA~~~

In Go Godman! Kona did her otaku voice again... and she pronounced "godman" in non-engrish way... pretty impressed. But what a dumb song, like the other sentai show OPs... but Kona brings her otaku charm and they're tolerable.

Makenaide... I'm glad I heard them sing the whole song... ZARD's death was too recent to be a memory, but somehow I feel so much better knowing Kona and the girls paid tribute to Izumi-chan as well.

I must say I really, really really love this CD. It's one of the thing, for me, bring real emotion to a hobby called anime. The EDs are why I started watching L*S and really what I love the most. When you hear the girls it's as if you're there.. when you hear Kona scream her lungs out you can just picture her in your head. It brings them into your life as real persons. They're just like a few normal girls screwing around in a karaoke box; we're just lucky enough to join the party.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-07-10 at 19:33.