View Single Post
Old 2007-07-31, 15:08   Link #41
SilentKnight
Yukio Sumadera Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Even though I think that list is a joke you do realize that it is talking about right now as well as from a commercial point of view? What exactly have Rakim, KRS and Kane done lately? Kool G Rap is past his prime as he got outdone by Young Chris of all people on a track lately.

I also have no idea how you can put that monotone waste of beats Guru on your list and not have Andre 3000 and Scarface. Big Punisher and no Jay-Z? You do realize if he had lived he would've been just as commercial as Jay-Z and I'll still take Reasonable Doubt over Capital Punishment even though both were classics.. no song on RD was as bad as Punish Me...

Ras Kass has been an utter disappointment since his first album, isn't he signed (or trying to be) with G-Unit now? Tonedeff has been up and coming for what the last 6 years?
Rakim is supposed to have a new album coming out soon, or so I've heard. KRS put out some new stuff recently.
True, Rakim, KRS, and Kane haven't really done anything lately, but I'm not talking about lately. I'm talking about their influence on other artists and the respect they've garnered as a whole.

And as I said, the list I threw together isn't completely accurate.

Andre 3000 and Scarface, hate to say, I forgot about them.

Big Pun and no Jay-Z? Jay-Z copies so many lyrics it's not even funny anymore. Yea, he's got flow and all that shit, but copying lyrics from Biggie and all simply just killed it for me.