Thread: Macross - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-30, 13:51   Link #582
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Thats a problem, isn't it? MF topped the standard so much to the point that as I started watching subsequent shows, I just cannot find myself enjoying them as much.

For example: Gundam 00, Linebarrel... etc. Good animes, but not enough mental hard-on

Not even Ms Igloo 2 can do the job... damn you Kawamori, damn you.

- Tak
Meh I still don't care for animation I will diss a show, I still prefer story and character over anything else lulz fests like MF(ok not so true I am just ragging on the over used SOL stuff) and Transformers 2(not anime but god dose it hurt bwains!!).

Then again I still like the old Violinist of hamlin TV so I just might be fried beyond repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yeah, I noticed that, too... other shows seem to be missing that certain "something".
Visual noise and over the top SOL moments in the wrong genre?
Sometimes I think Anime is becoming like Country music or film bland and watered down to cater to a maxminim audience spread rather than let something hold its own on tis own merits...

Mmm if I would do a top 10 list

Towrd the Terra(.....its in space.....and damn good)
Heroic age
Tytaina(not mecha but good enough despite the lack luster end)
Gundam 00
Linebarrel
Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo (oh hush its meant to be a lulz fest)
Zegapain (is barely just not as annoying to me as MF can be )
Macross frontier (yes I know I am on the rag putting it below a true lulz fest,ect,ect)

ack I need to more semi recent sci fi space anime...and no gundam seed ...it hurt brains dagnamit!!
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote