Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 19:32   Link #1880
chikkychappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The 1999 version had 12 years of basically standing on its own. It was compared to the manga, but that's to be expected. The title of this thread is "Hunter X Hunter (2011)". I think people who enjoy the 2011 get frustrated when the thread spends so much time talking about the 1999 series (and often, about why the poster thinks the Madhouse version sucks in comparison). This thread is about the 2011, not the 1999 - it's a little frustrating to see so much time spent comparing the two series, rather than talking about the 2011 itself or how it compares against the manga. The 1999 had the chance to be judged on its own merits, and against Togashi's original. The 2011 should get the same chance.
yes, because this only applies to 1999 fans right? it's not like shinobi is making a weekly comparison that bashes the 1999 series at every turn (and which you, based on your comments, obviously perceive as a "reliable" source. see how i feel this is unfair?)

many people in these thread are actually giving the 2011 series a chance. a lot are saying that this version of the fight is great, is amazing, is really good, etc. it's just that there's usually a footnote saying that they still prefer the 1999 series, which is not really being disrespectful.

anyway don't worry. when greed island comes nippon animation's version would be bashed to highest heavens. myself included, lol. (there's no way madhouse could make it worse than NA, right? RIGHT?) in fact, i find it really telling that the 1999 tv series could stand the test of time whereas GI OVAs are universally-reviled. that basically destroys that silly "nostalgia" claim

Last edited by chikkychappy; 2012-09-16 at 20:05.
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote