View Single Post
Old 2012-04-26, 04:28   Link #212
warita
Dai-Youkai

I consider tsunderes a cliche and an overused one at that. Whats up with all that constant screaming and aggresive behaviour. Give a female chara a highpitched annying voice and I am bound to hate her guts. Have her hit the male lead for no good reason and I am dropping the anime.

What I also hate are female characters, that look and act like kids and then they get upset when adults take them for kids. The best example for this would be that dwarf sempai from "working". I only watched the first episode and the sempai killed the mood from get go. So people think she is a child and I dont blame them. Irs not just her height that gives that impression, it is the way she behaves. One would think that if her small frame works against her, she would try to compensate by showing her maturity, but no no, she acts like a spoiled 5 years old and then gets all upset about it too and for some inexplicable reason starts banging with her fists on the male lead and rant on and ON about it.
That was annoying enough... but then the orange haired girl joined the cast and starting hitting males into their face and that was the moment I switched the episode off. Good lord, enough is inuf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
A bishounen character who seems too perfect for his own good(so handsome, so rich, so powerful). Tamaki in Ouran is a good example.
I dont think Tamaki is the best example. Tamaki had a troubled childhood and it didnt get better when his grandma separated him from his mother and prohibited him to see her. Tamaki also couldnt make it right for her no matter how he tried.
Is Tamaki perfect? Nah I dont think so. So yeah the highschool ladies are falling all over him, but how superficial is that interest? I mean, they go for him because he has exotic looks and because he is sweet talking them into coma. They all know it is fake and he says the same stuff to all of them, but thats not the point. They want to forget for the moment his words are just an act and they want to live the phantasy. He gives it to them and all are happy.
But when Tamaki gets serious about a girl, does he have the same type of success? I mean look at his relationship with Misaki. He likes her a lot, yet fails to communicate his feelings in the right way. He sulks half the time and.... well, at least he gets that dance at the end. But is Tamaki really perfect? I would say he is far away from it.

If I were to pick a rich, good looking and arrogant brat, I would go for Usui from Kaicho wa maid sama. Dont get me wrong, I actually liked that anime and I have nothing against Usui as such, but he is the typical stereotype. I heard he has issues too that were never shown in the anime and only manga readers know about it, but in my opinion it was a mistake they didnt anime it. The way I saw Usui he was a 2D super male lead.

There is a bunch of other examples in animes. I mean, I could name probably about 10 animes with richt super heroes right off the bat. Tamaki never striked me as perfect though.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote