View Single Post
Old 2012-09-14, 07:02   Link #1242
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linglan View Post
Stiyl, during final blow, we can see that same spell doesn't work but Stiyl still want to cast it... if he goes hand to hand combat and got beat up, I am more satisfy with this end than trying to cast spell.

Alchemist, no complaint here, more about break his mind trick than actually use IB

Touma, won't argue anymore, just bad fight imo

Sherry, again, last blow, you would thought something better might come up but nooooo...

I am not talking about Touma been perfect student, I like his laziness but just fights are bad...
Styl can't fight melee fight. He is a magician -_- who trained his mind to cast spell and his last resort is his spell and he was surprised indeed when he saw a kid dispelling his spell but when his trump card was beaten then he is already beaten. Its called trump card because its your ace and if it can't beat your enemy then what can?

Sheryl got hit once already plus she is a conflicted soul. She wants revenge for her friend and the same time she wants someone to stop her on her madness. She know she is wrong that's why she is conflicted and Touma did understand her. And like Styl she is a magician to the core.

Have you read nasuverse or other works pertaining a magician? or just play games or rpg games with a mage or magician. What do they have in common in the typical wizard type of character? they hit hard but has weak defense. They are fragile because they focus more on their magic. Be it in defensive magic, offensive magic or support magic. Magician tends to have weak bodies.

The exception on this are saints or magus killers or magician trained in the art of fighting with weapons and other means and not just their magic. Just like the Amakusa. In rpg they tend to be magic swords man type. The one who are more balance in a way though they still had their own weakness and faults but I'm going far off the topic in explaining the magicians.

Try to analyze it more on the situation and not just watch it Kamachi's work is not your typical shounen fights where the stronger will win or the one wit stronger will power will win.

There are other aspects that effect the fight in Tamni. Such as the psychological aspects of the enemy. Their resolve and moral values. The world in Tamni isn't colored in black and white but with shades of gray in between. Thus there are not always the right or wrong in it.